Tuesday, February 1, 2011

On the Bright Side - Polymer Clay Sculptures



A Walk in the Park

Stop & Smell the Flowers

 I love to recycle stuff & then use them 
in my latest craft projects. 
So, for the past 2 years I've been saving 
burned out light-bulbs to cover with Polymer Clay. 
Any kind of light-bulb will do, tiny night-light bulbs,
ceiling fan bulbs, small round refrigerator bulbs, 
or even the candelabra type. 
I'm always on the look-out for discarded treasures! 
It's a great way to use up 
old polymer clay cane slices & ends.
I also have a large collection of empty perfume bottles, 
I haven't decided what I'm going to make
them into, but they smell good & the shapes 
are quite unique!

Don't forget to Kiss a Frog!

Making the Sculptures:
To prepare the light-bulb before covering it with clay, 
I always wipe them down with some
isopropol alchohol on a microfiber cloth. 
Then, simply apply your canes, smooth them
as you go with your acrylic rod.  My light-bulb 
sculptures have a different look
at every angle.  That is especially
true for "By the Sea".  One side has a star-fish 
clinging to it & 
the opposite side has an Octopus! 
I love to add extra embellishments too!
like glass beads, wire, 
wooden shapes (stars, hearts) etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment