Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Polymer Clay Butterfly Pendant

This is a Butterfly Pendant that I currently have for sale in my Etsy shop.  The background base of the pendant is a skinner blend I created using Fimo Soft clay in a blend of Lime Green, Turquiose & White.  On top of this I layered bits of Faux Dichroic, a clear Bubble cane & a few of my own Purple Aster Flower canes. The Butterfly cane was a work in progress, in other words, I'd add some new accent colors, let it sit, and go back to it again when I felt the urge to complete it! It probably took me a month or two to finally get it the way I liked it. For the finish glaze on the pendant I used a clear macro-sparkle treatment.  I really like this finish, as it gives a luminous glow to the piece and is relatively easy to achieve a pleasing result.

No comments:

Post a Comment