Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Polymer Clay Florida Sea Shell Charm Bracelet

My new Sea Shell Charm bracelet was inspired by the colors of Florida Scallop Shells & Jingle Shells. Their luscious orange shades range from a vibrant sunny orange to a delicate sheer peach & pastel melon tones. I incorporated real shells, as well as my handmade polymer clay beads & some iridescent freshwater pearls. When worn the bracelet makes a soft jingling sound, reminiscent of shells washing up on the beach in the surf!



One of my favorite spots in Florida are the sugar white beaches of the West Coast. If you like to gather shells, this is one of the best places to find some real treasures! My husband & I love to take the boat down to Venice Beach, it's loaded with so many different varieties of shells & some great prehistoric shark's teeth as well! I especially like to hunt for Jingle Shells! I am fascinated by their colors, iridescence & the characteristic Jingling sound they make

Jingle Shells or "Mermaids Toenails"
Jingle shells are small, translucent, shells. They are practically flat and it's possible to wonder if they are a shell or something else.
Actually the jingle shell is a clam-shell. They are generally 1 or 2 inches in width and come in various colors such as black, yellow, white and orange.
Petite Pillow Beads

No comments:

Post a Comment